ENERGY SERVICE COMPANIES
Our Focus on Integrity, Inclusion & Innovation Makes Partnering With Us Easy.
Did you know that here in the U.S., if implemented at 100% of the opportunity, commercial and institutional retrofits could contribute almost $400 billion dollars in energy savings over a ten year period?* What chunk of that opportunity is siting with you? Wouldn’t you like to take advantage of it? Plus, Building Automation System (BAS) upgrades can offer paybacks that average two to four years—very reasonable. And of course, if you’re considering new construction, a Building Automation System will almost certainly be part of the package. BAS are feasible now even for small to medium-sized commercial businesses and institutions, placing energy efficient buildings within reach for many. But, what’s important is that you’re not just saving energy and cutting cost. There are some other tangible benefits to the newer BAS that translate to fewer headaches for you like:
- Enhanced tenant comfort – Better controls translate to enhanced tenant comfort. That means less time chasing down & resolving complaints or dealing with tenant refunds.
- Early detection of equipment issues/failures – Monitoring and diagnostics can assist with the identification of problems that might otherwise go undetected. This means a reduction in unexpected equipment breakdowns or emergency repairs which can come at a hefty cost.
- Increased opportunity for system integration – Of course you’ll want to balance integration with needs & cost, but ultimately a fully integrated system offers the most control. Integrating systems into one BAS can allow the facility manager to review data from one interface resulting in holistic data analysis and correlation. Additionally, the integration of multiple systems can increase controllability, reducing energy usage. For example, integration of meeting room scheduling with HVAC & lighting controls as well as room sensors offers the opportunity for the meeting room to be brought to the appropriate temperature about 15 minutes before the meeting is scheduled to begin and shut down upon completion.
- More robust graphical interface – This could be as simple as a flashing light to warn you of problems or a spinning fan to show when a ventilation system is operational – the easier a control panel is to read, the less likely you’ll miss something important, and the easier it is to train personnel.
- Standard and open protocol systems – This translates to easier sourcing of equipment and personnel for repairs, and generally lower costs as you are able to source equipment and software from multiple vendors.
- Eliminate nuisance alarms – Well, doesn’t that speak for itself.
- Separate energy demand for different zones of the building – This allows for greater control and additional energy savings.
- More robust historical trend analysis – This assists in performance tracking and reporting.
- Integrated Equipment Maintenance Schedules – Properly maintained equipment translates to better performance and longer life cycles.
As experts in Building Automation Systems, we partner with Energy Service Companies to ensure you have the expertise needed to deliver the utmost in quality engineering for your government, commercial or institutional clients. Engineering firms we have worked with in the past give us high marks for:
- Competency & Strong Service Ethics – Our strict policy of delivering excellence in customer service as well as technical service coupled with high standards for quality control gives us a clear advantage.
- Experience – With a wealth of experience in institutions and government, our ESCO partners know they can count on us to anticipate client needs and sensitivities.
- Excellent References & Reputation – We come with impeccable references because we cultivate strong relationships across all levels of the clients we work with.
- Timeliness – We execute on time.
- Integrity – We do what we say we’ll do.
Sound like the kind of firm you would like to work with? Give us a call at 202.888.6458 or use our online contact form.